Joyce K. Salzberg Center for Professional Development
The staff at the Joyce K. Salzberg Center for Professional Development is committed to enhancing students’ professionalism and empowering students to present themselves successfully as candidates for an internship, employment and post-secondary education opportunities.
Students within the College of Liberal Arts have completed internships with hundreds of employers in dozens of disciplines across the Philadelphia region, including recent placements with employers such as:
- Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- The Barnes Foundation
- U.S. Bureau of Labor of Statistics
- Philadelphia City Council
What We Offer
- Career Coaching - We offer individualized attention to each student on topics ranging from career assessments and résumés to interview skills and graduate school preparation.
- Required Course: Professional Development for Liberal Arts Majors - We teach all students how their liberal arts skill set translates to the marketplace in our required 1-credit course.
- Internships - We assist our students in gaining valuable real-world experience with employers from the Philadelphia region and beyond.
- Workshops and Events - We offer skill-based workshops and events that facilitate networking opportunities, career exploration, and post-graduation planning.
Virtual Resources - We have several virtual tools that we share with students to assist in resume creation, interview skills, and Handshake - a powerful tool that allows students to search and apply for internship and job opportunities, see career related events on campus, and so much more.