How to Apply
A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is generally required for admissions consideration. However, requirements for some programs may vary. All Temple University graduate programs require a completed application, a statement of goals, and one certified copy of official transcripts from each college and university attended, including Temple University.
Applications are reviewed when completed – receipt of all supplemental items and payment of the application fee. Applications may be submitted to more than one program, but no student may pursue two degrees simultaneously, except for those admitted to university-approved dual degree programs.
Note: Each graduate program in the College of Liberal Arts has a unique application process. Please visit the CLA Graduate Degree Program for which you are interested in applying. You may also visit the Temple’s graduate school admissions page to view additional details and create an account.
Start the Application Process
To apply, submit the College of Liberal Arts online graduate application along with an application fee of $60.00. Please consider our quick tips below for completing the application:
- Official electronic transcripts should be sent directly from the granting institution(s) to the department or program in which you are applying. They cannot be uploaded by the applicant. While electronic transcripts are preferred, if necessary, you may have the granting institution mail transcripts directly to the department. For contact information, please refer to the CLA Graduate Degree Program link above.
- You will be able to upload the personal statement, CV/resume, and Writing Sample (if required by your program) through your account once the application and fee payment has been submitted. For department or program specific requirement details, please refer to the website in which you are applying.
Letters of Recommendations
- Enter the contact information for 3 recommenders. Each recommender will receive a link to complete a recommendation. Please refresh your screen to view the links. To track the status of recommendations log into your application and click on supplemental items.
Standardized Test Scores
- Standardize test scores such as GREs are required for admission. For this academic year, many of our programs are making the GREs optional. Please refer to the program’s website for which you are applying.
Track Application Status
- Track your application status by logging into your account or checking your email for messages about the application. Students will regularly receive email reminders to complete the application for the departmental graduate committee’s review. You may also follow-up with the department.