The College of Liberal Arts exemplifies Temple University’s core values of diversity and inclusion: creating and sustaining a teaching, learning and research community that not only includes but welcomes and values differences based on religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age and family/marital status.
The college continues to expand diversity and inclusion opportunities for both faculty and students. Below are the current opportunities within CLA. For more information about the programs listed below, check out our initiatives page.
- Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowship Program
- Student diversity initiatives
- CLA predoctoral diversity scholarships
- Future Faculty Fellows events
- Mid-Atlantic Neuroscience Diversity Scholars Program (MiNDS)
2020 Virtual Event Highlights
In 2020, the College of Liberal Arts’ annual signature events confronted the disturbing rise in anti-Asian sentiments and actions emerging during the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch the events' recorded streams below to see how the college responded to the senseless and dangerous hate that has no place in the Temple community, or any community.
- College of Liberal Arts—The Rise in Anti-Asian Sentiments: Racism, Xenophobia and COVID-19
- College of Liberal Arts—Racism and Xenophobia in the Era of COVID-19
- Public Policy Lab—Is This Time Different? Social Movement for Racial Justice