Geohumanities, Political Ecology, Environmental History, Geography Education
I am an assistant professor of instruction in GUS/ES with research interests ranging from geohumanities to political ecology. I have a background in the political ecology of gold and diamond production in the Canadian North and the impact of early population-resource 'science' on cold war geopolitics. But more recently I have focused on climate justice movements especially s they relate to public pedagogy. I am also enthusiastic about geography education and teach Sustainable Environments, Geography of Natural Resources, and Climate Justice.
- Schlosser, K. 2019. Emotion, Politics and Literary Space in Sunil Yapa’s Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist (2016). Emotion, Space, and Society 30: 53-57. 3.
- Schlosser, K. 2017. Education and Intimate War of Position: The National Security League’s Committee on Patriotism through Education, 1917-1919. Political Geography 60: 66-75.
- Schlosser, K. 2017. Critical Geosophies: A Psychotopological Reading of Rice’s Vampires and Romero’s Zombies. Environment and Planning D: Society & Space 35(3): 533-549.
- Schlosser, K. and Stinard-Kiel, S. 2016. Ahmed, ?i?ek and the Willful Subjectivities of Octavia Butler’s Fledgling. Literary Geographies 2(2): 247-262.
- Schlosser, K. 2015. Apocalyptic Imaginaries, Gramsci, and the Last Man on Earth. Geohumanities 1 (2): 1-14.
- Schlosser, K. 2015. Nature-Society Dialectics and Class Struggle in Selected Works of Jack London. Historical Geography 43: 158-174.
- Schlosser, K. 2014. Problems of Abstraction and Extraction in Cultural Geography Research: Implications for Field Work in Arctic North America. Journal of Cultural Geography 31 (2): 194-205.
- Schlosser, K. 2013. History, Scale and the Political Ecology of Ethical Diamonds in Kugluktuk, Nunavut. Journal of Political Ecology 20: 53-69.
- Schlosser, K. 2013. Regimes of Ethical Value? Landscape, Race and Representation in the Canadian Diamond Industry. Antipode 45(1): 161-179.
- Schlosser, K., White, G., Leib, J., Dalby, S., Algeo, K., Jansson, D. and Zimmerman, J. 2011. Nationalism in the Classroom: Challenges and Opportunities. Journal of Geography 110 (4): 166-175.
- Schlosser, K. 2009. Malthus at Mid-Century: Neo-Malthusianism as Bio-Political Governance in the Post-WWII United States. Cultural Geographies 16: 465-484.
- Schlosser, K. 2008. Bio-political Geographies. Geography Compass 2 (5): 1621-1634.
- Schlosser, K. 2007. The Bio-Politics of Bodies Politic: Nature and Intertextuality in Classic U.S. Geopolitical Discourse. Geojournal 69 (3): 199-211.
- Digital Mapping
- Sustainable Environments
- World Regions and Cultures
- Geography of Natural Resources
- Space and Place
- Climate Justice