Geohumanities, Political Ecology, Environmental History, Geography Education
I am an assistant professor of instruction in GUS/ES with research interests ranging from geohumanities to political ecology. I have a background in the political ecology of gold and diamond production in the Canadian North and the impact of early population-resource 'science' on cold war geopolitics. But more recently I have focused on climate justice movements especially s they relate to public pedagogy. I am also enthusiastic about geography education and teach Sustainable Environments, Geography of Natural Resources, and Climate Justice.
- Schlosser, K. 2021. Knowing the Storyteller: Geohumanities and Critical Resource Geography. In Himley, M., Havice, E., & Valdivia, G. (Eds.). Routledge Handbook of Critical Resource Geography. New York: Routledge, Pp TBD.
- Schlosser, K. 2020. Public Pedagogy and The Wagner Free Institute of Science in Progressive Era Philadelphia. Historical Geography 48: 75-101.
- Schlosser, K. 2019. Emotion, Politics and Literary Space in Sunil Yapa’s Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist (2016). Emotion, Space, and Society 30: 53-57.
- Schlosser, K. 2018. Geohumanities and Climate Change Skepticism. Geography Compass 12(10). E12402.
- Schlosser, K. 2017. Education and Intimate War of Position: The National Security League’s Committee on Patriotism through Education, 1917-1919. Political Geography 60: 66-75.
- Schlosser, K. 2017. Critical Geosophies: A Psychotopological Reading of Rice’s Vampires and Romero’s Zombies. Environment and Planning D: Society & Space 35(3): 533- 549.
- Schlosser, K. and Stinard-Kiel, S. 2016. Ahmed, Ẑiẑek and the Willful Subjectivities of Octavia Butler’s Fledgling. Literary Geographies 2(2): 247-262.
- Schlosser, K. 2015/ Apocalyptic Imaginaries, Gramsci, and the Last Man on Earth. Geohumanities 1 (2): 307-320.
- Digital Mapping
- Sustainable Environments
- World Regions and Cultures
- Geography of Natural Resources
- Space and Place
- Climate Justice