Creative Writing, Poetry, Modern Poetry, Contemporary Poetry
Pattie McCarthy is the author of seven books of poetry—six from Apogee Press, Wifthing (2021), Quiet Book (2015), Marybones (2012), Table Alphabetical of Hard Words (2010), Verso (2004), and bk of (h)rs (2002); and one from Horse Less Press, Nulls (2014). She has also published a dozen chapbooks, including extraordinary tides, the winner of the Omnidawn Press chapbook contest (2022), and ‘x y z &&’ (Ahsahta Press, 2015). Her work has appeared recently in The American Poetry Review, On The Seawall, and Parentheses. She was a Pew Fellow in the Arts in 2011. In summer 2013, she was an artist resident at the Elizabeth Bishop House in Great Village, Nova Scotia. She has been teaching literature and writing at Temple since 2004. For 2022–24, she is a poet-in-residence for the MFA program.
Books of Poetry
- Wifthing. Berkeley: Apogee Press, 2022.
- Quiet Book. Berkeley: Apogee Press, 2015.
- Nulls. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Horse Less Press, 2014.
- Marybones. Berkeley: Apogee Press, 2012.
- Table Alphabetical of Hard Words. Berkeley: Apogee Press, 2010.
- Verso. Berkeley: Apogee Press, 2004.
- bk of (h)rs. Berkeley” Apogee Press, 2002.
Chapbooks of Poetry
- extraordinary tides. Oakland: Omnidawn Press, 2022.
- margerykempething. Baltimore: Furniture Press Books, 2015.
- x y z &&. Boise, Idaho: Ahsahta Press, 2015.
- worrywort (collaboration with Jenn McCreary). Lockhart, TX: Little Red Leaves Press—textile series, 2014.
- fifteen genre scenes. Buffalo, NY: eth press, 2014.
- Nova Scotia (collaboration with Kevin Varrone). Kingston, RI: Dusie Kollektiv, 2014.
- wifthing (stanzas) [chaplet]. Minneapolis: WinteRed Press, 2014.
- scenes from the lives of my parents. Central New Jersey: Bloof Books, 2013.
- Domestic Cryptography Survey II (excerpts). Zurich, Switzerland: Dusie Kollektiv, 2013.
- L&O. Lockhart, TX: Little Red Leaves Press, 2011.
- alibi (that is : elsewhere). San Rafael: Duration Press, 2003.
- Choragus. Elmwood, CT: Potes & Poets Press, 1998.
- Octaves. Philadelphia: ixnay press, 1998.
- Graduate Poetry Workshop
- Graduate Manuscript Tutorials
- Studies in Poetry (Senior Capstone): Intertexts
- Advanced Poetry Workshop
- Contemporary Poetry
- Issues in Modern Literature: Contemporary Innovative Poetry by Women
- Issues in Modern Literature: Literature of Exile
- Modern British and American Poetry
- Modern American Fiction
- Honors Special Topics: Contemporary Poetry
- Modern Poetry
- Creative Writing: Poetry Workshop
- Honors Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to Literature
- Honors Literature, Reading, Writing
- Creative Acts / Honors Creative Acts
- Composition / Analytical Reading & Writing