International Relations, Global Economy
Orfeo Fioretos is Associate Professor of Political Science at Temple University. His research is focused on the politics of markets and international institutions. He has published articles on the role of historical legacies in international relations, the global regulation of mobile capital, capitalist diversity and international cooperation, international monetary politics, and the political economy of European integration among other themes. He is the author of Creative Reconstructions: Multilateralism and European Varieties of Capitalism After 1950 (Cornell University Press, 2011), which explores the role of international institutions in national trajectories of economic reform. He is editor of International Politics and Institutions in Time (Oxford University Press, 2017), which articulates and probes the contributions of historical institutionalism to research in international relations, as well as co-editor with Tulia G. Falleti and Adam Sheingate of The Oxford Handbook of Historical Institutionalism (Oxford University Press, 2016). His work also appears in International Organization, Review of International Political Economy, Comparative Political Studies, Journal of European Public Policy, Review of International Studies, and edited volumes.
Professor Fioretos has recently held visiting appointments at King’s College London as a Fulbright Fellow, the Bavarian School of Public Policy, and Sciences-Po Paris. He received his Ph.D. from Columbia University, and is former President of the International History and Politics Section of the American Political Science Association. His ongoing projects examine the politics of informal international institutions, legacies of global economic conferences, and shifts in the distribution of regulatory authority between national, transnational, and intergovernmental forums.
- Fioretos, Orfeo. 2019. The Syncopated History of the Liberal International Order, British Journal of Politics and International Relations 21 (1) (forthcoming).
- Fioretos, Orfeo (ed). 2017. International Institutions and Politics in Time. London and New York: Oxford University Press.
- Fioretos, Orfeo, Tulia G. Falleti, and Adam Sheingate (eds.). 2016. The Oxford Handbook of Historical Institutionalism, edited by London and New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- World Affairs (0866)
- International Politics (1301)
- Politics of the Global Economy (2321)
- Globalization (3332)
- Governing Globalization (Capstone, 4896)
- Theories of International Relations (8301)
- International Political Economy (8303)