Structural Adjustment, Dutch Disease, Transition Economics, Parallel Foreign Exchange Markets, Fiscal Activities, Financial Instability
Dr. Mohsen Fardmanesh joined the economics department at Temple after completing his graduate studies at Yale University. He has taught various courses in international economics, macroeconomics, and managerial economics, and has been the recipient of the Musser Award for Excellence in Teaching and of the Andrisani/Frank Outstanding Teacher Award. His research has focused on external shocks and structural adjustments, transition economics, dynamics of parallel foreign exchange markets, fiscal activities and economic growth, political economy of budget cuts, and financial instability. He has published in, among others, the Journal of Development Economics, Review of Development Economics, World Development, Eastern Economic Journal, Public Choice, Economics and Politics, and the Yale Economic Growth Center Paper Series. He has been a visiting research scholar at Yale and a research consultant at The World Bank.
- "Fiscal Variables and Economic Growth: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," (with R. Martin), Public Choice, 1990, Vol. 64, No. 3.
- "Terms of Trade Shocks and Structural Adjustment in a Small Open Economy: Dutch Disease and Oil Price Increases," Journal of Development Economics, 1990, Vol. 34, No. 1/2.
- "Economic Growth and Alternative Deficit-Reducing Tax Increases and Expenditure Cuts: A Cross-Country Study," Public Choice, 1991, Vol. 69, No. 2.
- "Dutch Disease and the Oil Syndrome: An Empirical Study," World Development, 1991, Vol. 19, No. 6.
- "Financial Instability and the Share Economy," (with S. Siddiqui), Eastern Economic Journal, 1994, Vol 20, No. 1.
- "What is Vulnerable During Fiscal Retrenchment?," (with N. Habibi), Economics and Politics, 2000, Vol. 12, No. 1.
- "Wage and Price Control Policies in Transition Economies," (with L. Tan), Journal of Development Economics, 2003, Vol. 70, No. 1.
- "From Command to Market: A Performance Perspective for Transition Economies," (with L. Tan), Yale Economic Growth Center, Occasional Paper No. 7, December 2005.
- “Foreign Exchange Controls and the Parallel Market Premium,” (with S. Douglas), Review of Development Economics, 2008, Vol. 12, No.1.
- International Trade Theory and Policy
- Economic Analysis
- Economic Environment & Decision Making in the Firm
- Survey of International Economics Undergraduate Level
- International Economics-Honors
- Intermediate Macroeconomics-Honors
- Macroeconomic Principles
- International Monetary Economics
- International Trade and Commercial Policy
- Microeconomic Principles
- Introduction to Economy