Our graduates get competitive and meaningful jobs in non-profit, government and business sectors. Recent graduates have gone to work for consulting firms, non-governmental organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, the Peace Corps and firms that specialize in mapping and GIS software. Other graduates have enrolled in graduate programs in geography, planning and law.
Learn about some of the careers Geography and Urban Studies and Environmental Studies graduates have pursued as well as recent organizations where our graduates have found employment by visiting the Geography and Urban Studies Careers, Internships & Opportunities page!
Environmental Studies Career Opportunities
Temple University Environmental studies graduates land competitive, meaningful jobs upon graduation in Philadelphia and beyond, working in business, government and nonprofits. The U.S. Department of Labor projects faster-than-average growth for careers in environmental fields.
Jobs for Environmental Studies majors include:
- Environmental Activism and Conservation
- Resource Management
- State and Local Government
- Non-Profits and NGOs
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Spatial Analysis
- Urban Gardening
Environmental studies majors land coveted internship and full-time positions with major organizations:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Michael Baker International
- National Park Service
- AKRF, Inc
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Amec Foster Wheeler
Geographic Information Systems Career Opportunites
Training in GIS will give you the skills you need to take on advanced research positions in technology-based companies, governmental agencies and nonprofit organizations. A variety of industries are looking to hire professionals with this important skill set, including public health, the environment, business, technology, planning, education, design, criminal justice, sociology, communications, journalism and engineering.
Many of our distinguished alumni have gone on to great accomplishments. The stories below feature some of our outstanding alumni who have risen to levels of professional acclaim and successes!
- February 1: Freshman Application Deadline for Fall Semester
- February 1: FAFSA Financial Aid Application Deadline
- November 1: Transfer Deadline for Spring Semester
- June 1: Transfer Deadline for Fall Semester