Russian Students Go on to Great Careers
Studying Russian helps you succeed after graduation: Russian class students have a higher rate of acceptance for graduate study in law school, business school, medical school and other professional programs.
Russian provides students with the opportunity to pursue careers in many diverse areas. Former students of Russian are now working or have worked as engineers at NASA’s Johnson Space Center with Russian cosmonauts training for the Space Shuttle, at banks operating in international markets, as professors of Russian literature at small colleges and large universities, in major accounting firms in Russia and in the US, in large and small law firms, in press offices in Russia, Europe and America, in the State Department and Commerce Department of the federal government, in the FBI, in the Peace Corps, as English teachers in Russian high schools, and for non-profit agencies such as the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, the National Foreign Language Center, and the US-Russia Business Council. Some former Russian students have worked for the American Council of Teachers of Russian (ACTR) and the International Research and Exchange Board (IREX) both in the US and in Russia.
Russian classes provide students with the opportunity to pursue careers in many diverse areas. Former Russian students are now working or have worked at:
- NASA’s Johnson Space Center with Russian cosmonauts
- International banks
- College and university Russian programs
- Major Russian and U.S. accounting firms
- Large and small law firms
- Russian, European and American press offices
- The U.S. Department of State and Department of Commerce
- The FBI
- The Peace Corps
- Russian High Schools
- The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- The National Foreign Language Center
- The U.S.-Russia Business Council
- The American Council of Teachers of Russian (ACTR)
- The International Research and Exchange Board (IREX)
The US Government needs more linguists with Russian language expertise. The Commerce Department, FCC, ITC, FBI, CIA, NSA, Energy Department, State Department and other branches and agencies are all hiring professionals with Russian skills!
- February 1: Freshman Application Deadline for Fall Semester
- February 1: FAFSA Financial Aid Application Deadline
- November 1: Transfer Deadline for Spring Semester
- June 1: Transfer Deadline for Fall Semester