An Economics degree from Temple University will prepare you for a range of career opportunities —check out some of the exciting jobs our alumni have landed! Come visit us today, view our application deadlines and apply when you’re ready to make your declaration at the College of Liberal Arts.
The Value of an Economics Major
Economics can lead you to a career that is both personally satisfying and financially rewarding. According to the report What’s it Worth by the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, Economics majors had a median salary of $69,000, which puts them at the top of both business studies (Finance: $65,000 and Accounting: $63,000) and the social sciences (Political Science: $59,000). Here is where our recent graduates have gone:
- Brianna Adams ’21- Coordinator, British American Business Council
- Adiba Bhuiyan ’22 - Research Coordinator, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Jaylan Brown ‘22 – Wealth Investment Analyst at Mercer
- Evan Dewey ’21 - EDGE Associate, BD
- Peter Doctoreff ‘ 22 – Marketing Science Analyst, Analytic Partners
- Hannah Mailer ‘21- IT Advisor, KPMG
- Amanda Olsen ’21- Sales Analyst, Amerisource Bergen
- Hazel Puchalsky ‘22 – Examiner, Federa Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Justin Payne ‘21 - Logistics Manager, Amazon
- Liliana Ruby ’22 – Corporate Banking Analyst, Citi
- Sruthi Sathya ’22 – Internal Audit Analyst, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Ali Tintera ’21 - Research Assistant, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Veronika Vologina ’22 – Government Analyst, Deloitte
- David Drennan '18 - Master of Spatial Analytics (MUSA) Program, University of Pennsylvania's Weitzman School of Design (admitted for fall 2023)
- Allen Dejewski ’21 - Drexel University Law School
- Tylir Fowler ’21 - Ph.D. Program (Political Science), Yale University
- Stephen Hamilton ‘21 - Ph.D. Program in Economics, Vanderbilt University
- Nora Kenawy ’21 - M.S. Program in Economics, University of Delaware
- Brandon Lauer ’21 - MPA Program, Duke University
- Gabrielle Levy ’21 - M.A. Program in Security and Diplomacy, Tel Aviv University
- John Mayer ’22 – MSc Program in Economic History, London School of Economics
- Hailey Obrzut ’21 - Widener Commonwealth Law School
- Brooke Pridham ’21 - University of Notre Dame Law School
- Madison Raju ’21 - M.A. Program in Applied Economics George Washington University
- Pooja Ramprabhu ’21 - M.A. Program at French Institute of Fashion
- Rachel Small ’22 – Ph.D. Program in Economics, Rutgers University
- Gabrielle Spurlock ’21 - Harvard Law School (after 2-year deferral)
Graduate Student Placements
- Shuoshuo Hou '23 - College of St. Benedict
- Mark Robinson '23 - Econsult
- Cynthia Cao ‘21 - University of Hong Kong
- Julie Du ‘21 - Visiting Assistant Professor at Fort Hays State University
- Sonia Karami ’21 - Fellowship at Federal Reserve System
- Emma Lai ‘21 - Data Analyst, Facebook
- Thanh Lu ‘20 - Post-doc at Cornell-Weill Medical College
- Ashley MacFarlane ‘21 - Visiting Assistant Professor at St. Catherine’s University
The stories below feature some of our outstanding alumni and they further illustrate the diversity of options available to Economics graduates.
Peter Maloney has more than 30 years of strategic finance and business leadership experience, including over 20 years of executive leadership for Software as a Service (SaaS) companies. He has worked with public companies as well as venture capital and private equity funded companies. Peter’s experience includes, equity and debt financings including public offerings, corporate development, buy-side and sell-side M&A, strategic and financial planning, deal structuring, investor relations, risk and balance sheet management, scaling business operations, and driving sustained profitable growth.
Peter is currently CFO & COO for Azul Systems, Inc. responsible for leading financial strategy, business and cloud operations, data analytics, business systems and security. Prior to Azul, Peter was CFO at several software companies, most recently at Jobvite, where he was responsible for leading business and financial strategy. Peter completed three acquisitions and co-led the successful sale of the company.
Peter is a Certified Public Accountant, holds an MBA in Corporate Finance from the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business and a BBA in Economics from Temple University’s Fox School of Business.
Additional Alumni Spotlights
- February 1: Freshman Application Deadline for Fall Semester
- February 1: FAFSA Financial Aid Application Deadline
- November 1: Transfer Deadline for Spring Semester
- June 1: Transfer Deadline for Fall Semester