Temple University Latin American Studies students have a number of resources available to help them along during their college experience.
Advising: Where Do I Go If I Have Questions About:
- Majors (course selection and registration, sign additional drop forms, career development, referrals): Monica Ricketts
- Minors (course selection and registration):** Monica Ricketts
- Latin American Studies Semester (LASS): Montserrat Piera (Program Director)
- Brazilian Studies: Adam Joseph Shellhorse
- Study Abroad: Augusto Lorenzino
- Transfer Credit: Monica Ricketts
If you need a tutor to help your language classes, the Spanish and Portuguese department has graduate students/TA’s that are willing to meet with you for a fee. Please feel free to contact them with any questions.
AY 2020- 21 Available Spanish Tutors
AY 2020-21 Available Portuguese Tutors
Note: You may also contact the Russell Conwell Learning Center, Suite 202, 1700 N. Broad St., Phila, PA 19122 at 215-204-1252. They may have undergraduate students that will tutor for free.
Tutoring in Spanish For Writing Courses
The Writing Center is now offering tutoring sessions in Spanish. The sessions are geared primarily to students enrolled in the Writing Intensive courses (Spanish 2096 and 3096), but any Temple student who is writing essays in Spanish is welcome to use the service. To have a session in Spanish, students must make an appointment with one of the following tutors: Nicole, Nicholas or Megan. The appointments can be made by phone at 215-204-0702 or in person. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Please note that the appointment schedule often gets fully booked. Whenever possible, students should call on Thursday afternoons for appointments in the following week.