Awards and Scholarships
Latin American Studies majors may apply for scholarships with the Pan-American Association of Philadelphia. For a complete list of departmental and college level awards and scholarships you may be eligible for, please visit the Latin American Studies Scholarships and Financial Aid page.
Students applying for any of the Pan American Association Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Superior academic performance
- Major in Latin American or related studies, including Spanish or Portuguese languages
- Extra-curricular activities or demonstrated experience related to Latin American countries, and
- Be nominated by a Latin American Studies affiliated professor acquainted with the student
Club de Español
The Spanish Club is a student organization, and its principal goal is to promote the practice of speaking Spanish. One way we achieve this goal is through conversation tables, which allow you to practice your conversation skills in a relaxed environment once a week. We also invite you to join us in celebrating the Hispanic culture all year round with different activities. The Spanish Club meets weekly throughout the semester on Mondays from 4-5 p.m. in 422 Anderson Hall.
Everyone is welcome to join the Spanish Club, and you’re still able to participate in our events even if you don’t become a member. Stop by our meetings and bring friends!
- Club Coordinator: Norma Corrales Martin
LASS In The News
- National University of Costa Rica (UNA).”General Studies Internationalization.” Hoy en el Campus. 27 April 2016.
- Krotzer, Samantha. “Spanish certificate programs ranked No. 1 nationally.” Temple Now. 30 June 2016.