Professional Science Master’s in Geographic Information Systems (PSM in GIS) 4+1
Students may apply for the 4+1 as early as the second semester of their Sophomore year, for Junior year entry, and as late as the second semester of their Junior year, for Senior year entry. In the second semester of their senior year, 4+1 students must formally apply to the PSM in GIS, for entry the following semester or summer session.
4+1 Eligibility requirements:
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.25
- Passed both GUS/ENST 3062: Fundamentals of GIS and GUS/ENST 3161: Spatial Statistics or an approved cognate with a B or higher
- Statement of Goals (500-1,000 words)
- Approval from an academic advisor in the student’s primary college, indicating how many credits (up to 12) can be dedicated to the 4+1
- Two letters of support from faculty (GIS and Statistics faculty recommended)
- Able to complete the graduate degree in one year.
- Completed Application Form
Students in the College of Liberal Arts are encouraged to meet with the Academic Advisor Andriana Mylonas (email@example.com).
Have Questions? View our FAQ's.