College of Liberal Arts Ambassador Program
The CLA Ambassador Program is a dynamic group of undergraduate student leaders who share their unique experiences of Temple with prospective students, families, alumni and community members and promote the college in a variety of ways. CLA Ambassadors gain access to many valuable professional development and leadership opportunities by volunteering at on-campus events, hosting prospective students, and assisting the Dean’s office and faculty.
Read some of the testimonials from our current ambassadors below and view their bios!
The reason why I became an ambassador, and the reason I enjoy my work as an ambassador, is because the College of Liberal Arts has such a wide variety of opportunities and resources available to students that you simply can't know them all as an incoming student! I enjoy talking with prospective students, hearing what their academic and professional interests are, and connecting them with the resources available so they can make the most out of their time here in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Jarryd Kainz, Political Science major, Senior
Though one of my main reasons I wanted to join the CLA ambassadors was to make connections with people with the same interests as me, but I also wanted an opportunity to develop my leadership and organizational skills. Working within my college, I thought this was the best option to do all those things.
- Tamane Takehara, Psychology, First Year Student
I enjoy being a CLA Ambassador because it gives me the opportunity to help someone find their new 'home away from home'. Temple University has welcomed me with open arms to new opportunities and friends, and if I am able to help just one other student find that too, it makes the whole journey worthwhile!
- Megan McGuire, Criminal Justice Major, Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology Double Minor, Junior
Ambassador Assistance Requests for CLA Faculty and Staff
The student ambassadors are undergraduate student leaders who share their unique experiences of Temple with prospective students, families, alumni and community members and promote the college in a variety of ways. CLA Ambassadors gain access to many valuable professional development and leadership opportunities by volunteering at on-campus events, hosting prospective students, and assisting the Dean’s office and faculty.
While most of their time and effort is spent on connecting with prospective students and families, there are special occasions when the CLA Ambassadors may support special events. Faculty and staff seeking support from the ambassador should complete the attached form and submit it to the Enrollment Management Coordinator for consideration.
When requesting ambassador support, please consider these guidelines:
- The event or activity is being hosted by a department in the College of Liberal Arts.
- The event or activity offers clear and defined benefits to the ongoing academic, professional, or personal development of the participating student ambassadors.
- The event or activity provides the volunteer ambassadors opportunities to connect with prospective students, employers, alumni, or similar persons in a safe, professional setting.
- The volunteer duties are in support roles only and do not require the ambassadors to lead, facilitate, coordinate, or take responsibility for critical components of the event or activity.
- Unless otherwise noted, please submit all requests and related communication regarding ambassador support through the Enrollment Management Coordinator. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
- Requests should be made 2 weeks before the event.
Please use the CLA Student Ambassador Request form in order to request ambassador assistance.