B.A. in Economics + M.A. in Economics
June 1 following your sophomore year.
Admissions decisions will be made by the end of June.
*Exceptions*: the department may consider students who apply by the end of the fall semester of their Junior years. If admitted, they will have to take multiple graduate courses in the fall of their senior year.
Application to Graduate School
During the fall of their junior year, students who are admitted to the 4+1 Program must apply to the Graduate School for formal admission to the Economics graduate program.
By the time of application, the applicant should have completed:
- Calculus III (Math 2043) or the equivalent
- Linear Algebra (Math 2101) or the equivalent
- Statistics (Statistics2103, Math 2031) or the equivalent
- Intermediate Microeconomics (Econ 3501) or the equivalent
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (Econ 3502) or the equivalent
- Overall GPA: 3.5
- Overall economics GPA: 3.7
Students admitted to the 4+1 Program do not have to take the GRE.
How to Apply to 4+1?
The application package specified as follows must be submitted to the Economics Department before the deadline.
An application form.
- Personal statement detailing the motivation for seeking an accelerated M.A. degree.
- Two recommendations from Temple University faculty, at least one of whom is the student’s instructor in an upper-level economics class.
- A Temple University transcript including the latest semester’s grades (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Official transcripts from any other university the student has attended (if applicable).
Currently, there is no funding from CLA or the Economics department. Students will pay full graduate-level tuition.
Please contact the program coordinator if you want to learn more about the program and the application process.