Policies and Procedures

Declare or Change your Major, Minor or Certificate

  • Want to change your major into the College of Liberal Arts? Visit the change of program page.
  • To declare a new major, minor or certificate in the College of Liberal Arts, you must submit a Change of Program Form from the Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development.
  • College of Liberal Arts students who wish to declare a second major, minor or certificate outside of the college must contact the academic advising center of that school or college.

Re-Enroll in Classes

If you have been out of school for one fall or spring term, you must complete an Undergraduate Request to Re-enroll form to be admitted back into the College of Liberal Arts. Re-enrollment forms are accepted until August 1 for the fall term, December 1 for the spring term and April 1 for summer sessions.

  • If you wish to transfer to another school or college within Temple University when you re-enroll, please contact that school or college and inform them of your intentions. If they approve your re-enrollment, they will contact us to complete the necessary filings and paperwork.
  • If you have attended another school or college, an official (sealed) transcript from that institution must be submitted to the College of Liberal Arts Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development before you can register for courses. You may submit your re-enrollment form while awaiting your transcripts.
  • If you indicate “Academic” as the reason for your absence, you may be required to attend an interview with the Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development.
  • If you indicate “Financial” as the reason for your absence, contact Student Financial Services before submitting the re-enrollment form. Students with financial holds will not be able to register until the hold has been resolved.
  • If you indicate “Health Related” as the reason for your absence, you will be required to submit a Medical Provider’s Statement Return to Temple form with your re-enrollment form.

Register for Classes

If you’re an owl with good academic standing—that means you have a minimum 2.0 GPA in the previous fall or spring term and cumulative GPA—you can register for classes through the Self-Service Banner (SSB). All students who have unsatisfactory academic performance—a term or cumulative GPA below a 2.0—must meet with an advisor in order to register.

During the registration process, you may encounter circumstances that require special approval and the appropriate approval forms. They may also require manual registration by the Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development. These include the following: Closed Section Approval, Credit Level, Credit/No Credit (Audit Only), Overload, Special Authorization and Time Conflict. Please note that no changes will be processed unless the student presents the request in person and waits for processing and a receipt of the transaction.